Saturday, August 13, 2011

Changes, Changes, & more Changes

So I said I was going to blog more, so here we go!  The first blog is about changes.  Specifically the changes in me over the last two years.  When I first sat down and thought about it, I didn't think much had changed.  However, after beginning the list, I realized that not only have I changed in my outer appearance, but my thoughts and goals are changing too.

First, my outer appearance has changed by about 40 lbs.  Two years ago I decided to get healthier.  I began following the Zone lifestyle.  I love that this is called a Lifestyle, not a diet.  I was extremely strict with the lifestyle and was able to drop 40 lbs in about 12-14 weeks.  It is now 2 years later and I am proud to say that I am still within 10 lbs of that goal weight.  I don't follow the program as strictly, but I am more aware of good vs bad carbs and when to splurge vs eat healthy.  I am confident that I will be able to keep the weight off for the rest of my life if I continue using the knowledge I have gained.

BEFORE

AFTER

Another big change for me over the last two years is the completion of my MBA.  In 2009 I completed my Bachelor's degree from Ashford University.  If you know me at all, you know that college was never really in my plans.  So it was a shock to most of you (and me) when I enrolled to complete my Bachelor's degree.  So imagine my surprise when I began missing the school atmosphere and the learning.  Two months after completing my Bachelor's degree, I enrolled at Columbia Southern University to pursue my MBA in Hospitality and Tourism.  In April 2011, I completed my Master's degree with a 4.0GPA, all while continuing to work two jobs.  Now I am in the process of planning my graduation party.  Keep checking your mailboxes for the invites.


Ashford University - Bachelor's Degree


Columbia Southern University - MBA
 Now, to the inside.  I feel like I am always evolving and changing.  The last five years or so have been a very trying time in my life.  At some points I was holding on to a lot of bitterness and anger.  I have since learned that these emotions do nothing but poison myself.  There are no negatives for the person I have the feelings towards.  Through lots AND LOTS of prayer, I was able to let go of those emotions.  I am a much stronger person (emotionally) than I was two years ago.  I am stronger in my beliefs and convictions.  I am beginning to realize what I want in life (I know, it took me longer than most) and I am going after it.


How have you changed over the last few years?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Cherish. I had no idea about all the schooling that you did! That is so awesome!! I knew about the weightloss cuz that is clearly evident! :-) You look great and I've had fun hanging out with you at all the jewelry parties!! Hopefully we'll hang out more. And I love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Baby Sullivan - The First 12 Weeks

Baby Sullivan – The First 12 weeks Chris and I made the decision not to tell a soul about our current pregnancy until we hit the 12 week...