Saturday, August 27, 2011

What If...

I love this question.  Sometimes I just sit around and think about what if's.  Have you ever done that?  Some hard hitting what if's, like what if I had gone to college right out of high school rather than waiting until my mid-20's?  What if I had picked a different job than the one I have now?  And some less important what ifs like, what if I had worn my hair curly  today instead of straight?  What if I had gone to this place for dinner over that one?  My favorite though is what if I won the lottery? 

The state of Florida (which is where I live) offers the Powerball lottery ticket.  This jackpot often soars in to the 200+ million territory as it rolls over from week to week.  It is fun to think about what I would do with the money if I got it. 

Me?  Well, 10% goes to the church, automatically (yes, even though it is lottery winnings).  A LARGE chunk would be invested.  It is important to me to have the money wisely invested so that it might benefit my grandchildren, great-grandchildren, even great-great grandchildren, and so on.  You get the point.

I would then take care of those people who have taken care of me for so long.  Family (certain ones) and friends (who are family).

My school loans would be easily paid off.

I would travel.

I would buy a house (and land).

I would be able to adopt a child(ren). (Which I will still do, but if I won the lottery, the financial burden would be removed).**

Since I can be honest here, I will say that I would probably "blow" a good chunk of it too.  I am an avid shopper and my current funds do not always support that.  :)

My biggest splurge?  Season tickets to the Orlando Magic.  Floor seats.  Cost.........A LOT! :)

Another large chunk would go to various charities that I have fallen in love with, Visiting Orphans, A Gift for Teaching, The Florida Baptist Children's Home, and many more. 

After that, who knows!  The skies the limit.  What would you do with the money if you won the lottery?

**The financial burden of adopting can be overwhelming at times, but often times I think it brings a person closer to God and strengthens their walk with Him.  We must fully rely on Him to make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Baby Sullivan - The First 12 Weeks

Baby Sullivan – The First 12 weeks Chris and I made the decision not to tell a soul about our current pregnancy until we hit the 12 week...